Mission

My mission is to stop doing easy things because I'm already good at them, and start doing difficult things because I'm bad at them.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Final Fantasy II

Started the next iPod touch Final Fantasy, which was released the same time as the first one, as part of Square's anniversary celebration.

It's a beautiful port of the game. I've never played the original, though I've seen screenshots. It has a lot of depth for something that's decades old. The themes of empire and war are something that are still being explored in the more modern games.

The skill system is taking a little getting used to. I have to remember to cast magic spells or my magic users will be crap. In FFI I tended to conserve magic until I really needed it. If I do that here, my magic users will be unskilled and kind of worthless.

No comments:

Post a Comment