Mission

My mission is to stop doing easy things because I'm already good at them, and start doing difficult things because I'm bad at them.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Starcraft II - Complete

Wow, two games in the space of a weekend... the planets have aligned, unicorns are breeding, cats and dogs livin' together... mass hysteria! It almost goes without saying that this is something that doesn't happen all that often. But I took a little bit of time away from watching Farscape to actually attempt some of the more difficult missions (that turned out to be not all that difficult).

As it turned out, I only had two missions left to finish the game, and I had left it in that state for a few months. My typical MO is to play games until they get difficult, but I was pretty proud that I'd kept up with that one. But then (during the course of the missions), you get to a scary, ominous "point of no return" sort of scenario, and I guess I chickened out a bit.

The last mission "All in" was a pretty basic defend-the-base-from-hordes-of-attackers sort of thing. Defending a base is something the Terrans excel at, so it was really a piece of cake. In the previous mission, you could choose to either disable the Nydus network (which keeps worms from spawning hordes of incoming baddies), or disable the air support (which prevents a couple of painful air units from spawning). I chose the latter, since I didn't want to defend every angle on my base, just a few choke points.

I'm debating what to play next. When I'm on public transit, I'm working through Final Fantasy III on my DS. When I'm at home, I think I might try to finish either New Super Mario Bros. Wii or Kirby's Epic Yarn.

I briefly debated getting a 3DS when it came out, but I think I'll wait until later in the year, when a) they are possibly cheaper, and b) Legend of Zelda 3DS is out.

Note: Chiana is ten kinds of hotness. It's a scientific fact!

No comments:

Post a Comment